Have questions about enrolling in a class? Launching an online course? Suggestions or Feedback for FAQs? Our team is here to help!
Contact us at 951-955-3255 or email us at email@example.com.
Hint: To the left User Guides & Tutorials/Videos with more details.
How to? Find the topic categories, select the question link, and it will direct you to the answer. Check out the matching question & answer icons for more information on each topic.
Log-in & Technical Questions
Mandated Training Questions
Products & Solutions Questions
Academy & Course Questions
Cancellation & Fee Questions
Behavioral Health Questions
Non-County ID Questions
Answer: County of Riverside employees would need to contact their Human Resources (HR) department to make updates to their profile. COR Learning receives all profile content from PeopleSoft; therefore, changes must be made in PeopleSoft by Human Resources. Note: If you are temporarily off work (for example, Sick Leave, a Leave of Absence, etc.), you may not have access to login to COR Learning. For any questions regarding this, please contact your HR department. If you are not a County Employee with an Employee ID, please contact CORLearning@rivco.org.
Answer: Once you've logged into the COR Learning, select Dashboard, and there will be a section labeled To Do List. You may also select Training Schedule and filter the Activities by Current/Upcoming, Express Interest, Completed, Canceled, Waiting List, or Pending Approval.
1) A certification is a course that has a periodic update requirement.
2) ILT means Instructor-Led Training.
3) An ILT Course refers to the specific training course; an ILT Class refers to a particular date and time the Course is being offered.
4) Sessions are individual dates of a multi-day ILT Class.
5) An eCourse is conducted online, self-paced.
Answer: Once you've logged into the COR Learning:
1) Click Training Transcript in the left navigation pane of the Dashboard
2) Click Date Range (or Start/End Date) to select a year/date to filter training records (Select All to view entire training records)
3) You can select Export to PDF and File to view/print Training Transcript
Answer: Operations staff at RIVCO HR Learning & Organizational Development can perform limited, preliminary troubleshooting of technical questions with our classes. If the issue appears to be unrelated to our systems, you will be referred to your department’s IT team for further assistance.
Answer: Microsoft Internet Explorer 11, Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox 56 & 57, Google Chrome 63, Apple Safari 9.1.3, 10.1.2, 10.0, 10.1, & 11.0 (Recommended)
Note: Webinar access instructions may be sent via email by the instructor or facilitator; please check your spam folder so important communication is not missed; if you receive an Outlook invitation for a course you have registered for, please accept it onto your calendar because it contains important details you will need for the day of the class.
On the day of your training, please make sure you can sign in to the webinar site at least 30 minutes before class begins; call us immediately at 951-955-3255 if you need assistance.
To avoid a “No Show,” you must notify us that you need assistance prior to the start of a live webinar. Each employee must be signed in individually and have a telephone available for audio to participate in and receive credit for a webinar; employees may not “share” a computer.
Answer: Your Training Transcript will show the most recent completion of courses you have attended. If you have taken a course more than once, you may click on the course title, then click on Attempt History to view prior completions. If you believe a class should be on your COR Learning transcript and it is not listed, please email us at CORLearning@rivco.org for further assistance.
Please see our Mandated Training page.
Training Analysis page for more information.
Answer: These reports include the status of all employees within your organization and their current compliance status with County Mandated Training. County Mandated Training is automatically assigned to employees based on County Policy or applicable law in relation to their employment status. Other training may be required based on their job or department, but that training will not be included in this report and must be assigned by individual’s manager. Employees receive automated reminder notifications about their required training. This report is simply to help departments gauge their compliance status for their own reporting purposes, or follow up with employees they feel may need extra motivation to complete their required training.
1) Requirement Status: This field shows the employees current compliance status. This field will tell you if the individual needs to complete a training or if they are currently in compliance with their required training.
2) Satisfied: This means the employee has completed the training and satisfied the requirement. Nothing further is required of them at the moment.
3) Assigned: This training is required for the employee to complete and they have not yet satisfied the requirement. They have until the Due Date to complete it, after which their status will change to Overdue.
4) In-Progress: The employee has started but not finished the required training, they have until the due date to complete it before their status will change to Overdue.
5) Overdue: The employee has not completed the required training by the Due Date and should complete it as soon as possible.
6) Expired: This employee has taken the training before but their certification has expired and they must take it again as soon as possible. This occurs for Management Harassment Prevention which is required every 2 years, Employee Harassment Prevention required every 4 years, and A-58 which is required every 2 years.
7) Completion Date: This field shows the last date the user completed this training if the user has never completed the training this field will be blank.
8) Due Date/Expiration Date: Because some Mandated Training requires re-certification and others are only required once this field will change depending on the training. If a training is only required once, the user has until the Due Date/Expiration Date to complete the training. If their status shows Satisfied, nothing further is required of them and the due date can be ignored as it will just show when they needed to have it completed by originally. If they have never completed the training, this field will show when they are supposed to have it done by. If the training is required to be retaken for certification purposes then this field will change once they have completed the training. Once a user completes Management Harassment Prevention, Employee Harassment Prevention, or A-58 their Due Date/Expiration Date will change and show when that certification will expire. The system will automatically prompt them 30 days before their expiration date to retake the training, so no action is required of you. As long as they show satisfied they are in compliance with the requirement and no further action is required on your part.
9) firstname.lastname@example.org: If you see this email listed for an employee this means they do not have an email in COR Learning and therefore the system cannot contact them with reminders about their required training. COR Learning gets all email addresses automatically from the RIVCOCA Active Directory. You should work with your employee and IT Help Desk to get information in RIVCOCA updated, once corrected it will be reflected in Sumtotal after the next data feed.
Answer: Mandated Training Reports are sent to department heads, executive secretaries and HR Business Partners on the 1st of every month. Department Heads can also request additional designees to receive these reports for their organization on the same monthly schedule or on a quarterly basis. Designee reports are sent separately. These reports are in excel format and can be sorted however seen fit. It is up to the recipients how they wish to utilize the report and if they wish to further disseminate information from these reports to their department.
If there is a change in your department leadership or you wish to change designees, please email email@example.com. Requests for designees should come from the department head. Please note: Designees will receive the same report which will show their entire organization; for example, DPSS designee report will show all DPSS employees, Human Resources will receive all of Human Resources. Currently reports cannot be customized to only include more granular departments.
Answer: Managers have access to view employees who report directly to them, as designated in PeopleSoft.
Once you've logged into COR Learning, select Dashboard:
1. Click the My Team Icon at the top of the screen.
2. Click Manager Dashboard. This will show the Exception Report, which has details about your Direct Reports and Activities.
3. Click on the Users or Activities to filter the information for more details.
Any changes in reporting of staff should be made through your Human Resources representative.
As a Manager/Supervisor, you may also enroll your direct reports staff in classes.
Check out our Manager Tutorial/Video Guide at Tutorial/Video Guide.
Full reports on your staff's, unit's or department's training activity may be obtained by contacting your HR Business Partner.
Management Harassment Prevention training may take up to 24 hours (from time of completion) to show a Completed status on your Transcript. If you have any questions, please email CORLearning@rivco.org.
Answer: We offer Organizational Development, Online Learning, Training & Events, COR Academies, Continuing Professional Education Programs, Academic Credit Programs, and Continuing Education Credits (CEUs). Check out our Products & Solutions web page by selecting the following link: Products & Solutions.
Answer: Skillsoft Online offers a comprehensive searchable learning platform which includes online courses, books, audio books, mobile content assets, job aids, test prep, video courses, IT/desktop videos, mentoring, leadership videos, case studies, and much more. You must be a County employee to login into Skillsoft Online and access this content. More information about earning academic credit towards a degree or professional certification program through Skillsoft select the following link: Degree & Professional Certifications.
Note: Skillsoft Online courses can take up to 24-48 hours to show a completed status on the LMS Training Transcript. For current Skillsoft Online training records, select Learning Transcript on the Skillsoft Online Home page.
Answer: Retirement Workshops are an optional resource available to help you plan for the future. We can assist you with enrollment and logistical questions about workshops. If you have specific questions about your retirement savings plan, please contact the Benefits Department at firstname.lastname@example.org or 951-955-4981.
Answer: RIVCO HR Safety Division provides a combination of live and online courses (Drivers Training, CPR/AED, Repetitive Motion Injury, Employee Workplace Violence, Workplace Violence for Supervisors/Managers, etc.). RIVCO HR Learning & Organizational Development can assist you with enrollment and logistical questions about the courses. If you have specific questions about the Safety courses, please contact the Safety Division at 951-955-3520.
You will receive email confirmations for each of the Academy classes once registration for the cohort has closed.
Click the Academies Link for more details about our Academies.
Answer: Click the Academies Link for more information regarding Academies and Graduation requirements.
Answer: Some courses are only offered within an Academy. Courses available individually can be searched within the library in COR Learning under the Career and Personal Development category. Please sign in at Training Login to view the courses.
Waiting List: If there are no seats available in a class that you attempt to register in, you can select to be placed on the Waiting List. The Waiting List only applies to the specific date that you have selected; it is not a general waiting list for all offerings of a particular course. You will only receive a notification if a seat becomes available due to a cancellation. If the seat is not claimed within a 4-hour window, the next person on the Waiting List receives a notice of the course seat availability.
How to Cancel your Waiting List Registration: To cancel your Waiting List registration, select Training Schedule (under Quick Links) on the Learner Dashboard. Then, select Waiting List or Pending Approval and locate the class that you would like to cancel. Next, select the checkmark box next to the class. Lastly, scroll up to the top of the screen and select Cancel Registration.
Express Interest: Click Register and select Express Interest, to be placed on a general list to receive a notification as soon as a new offering of a course is made available.
Answer: “No Show” means there is no record of your attendance in a class. “Incomplete” indicates that you either left early from a single day class, or you were absent from one or more sessions of a multi-day class.
It is essential that you sign the roster each day you are in class, as this is the official record of your attendance. Instructors may not always be able to recall and verify your attendance if you forget to sign the class roster. When completing a webinar, the instructor must be able to see that you are signed in and you have answered any quizzes that are part of the training. For this reason, computers should not be “shared” when multiple employees in your department are taking a webinar.
Answer: To cancel your class registration, select Training Schedule (under Quick Links) on the Learner Dashboard. Then, select Current/Upcoming and locate the class that you would like to cancel. Next, select the checkmark box next to the class. Lastly, scroll up to the top of the screen and select Cancel Registration. You will be asked to confirm your cancellation by clicking Cancel Marked.
Answer: All stand-alone classes must be cancelled at least seven (7) business days in advance. Please be sure to read and understand the Terms & Conditions before registering. If these criteria have not been met, you will need to email CORLearning@rivco.org to request to cancel your enrollment.
NOTE: Academy enrollments must be cancelled by an L&OD Administrator. Please contact us for further assistance at CORLearning@rivco.org.
Answer: No, enrollments are not transferable. Please see more FAQs on making up a missed class.
Answer: If you miss a County Mandated/Required Training, log on to COR Learning and enroll in a future available date. Please review our Terms & Conditions for further details.
Answer: We can assist you with enrollment and completion status questions for Behavioral Health classes. Information regarding course content, prerequisites or CE credits can be obtained from the RUHS Behavioral Health team. For Workforce Education and Training (WET) classes, call 951-955-7107; for Prevention & Early Intervention (PEI) classes, please call 951-955-7155.
Answer: Click here for more information.
Yes, if affiliated with a County department and there is a need to complete mandated or department specific courses, you can apply for a Non-County ID through your sponsoring department. Once you have obtained a Non-County ID, you can register online for the courses. If a fee applies, payment must be made in advance.