Terms & Conditions Policies
To view the Terms & Conditions for COR Learning, which includes the cancellation policy please see COR Learning Terms & Conditions [PDF].
To view the Terms & Conditions for all Behavioral Health sponsored courses, please see Behavioral Health Terms & Conditions [PDF].
- By registering for any class, you acknowledge you have read and accept COR Learning Center’s cancellation policies.
- County Mandated, Career & Personal Development courses must be cancelled at least 7 business days prior to the course start date (county holidays and weekends excluded). courses must be cancelled at least 7 business days prior to the course start date (county recognized holidays and weekends are not counted).
- Academies must be cancelled at least 30 business days prior to the academy/course start date (county recognized holidays and weekends are not counted).
- **EPIC Courses** – The $25 administrative fee does not apply to EPIC courses. If you are unable to cancel a class online because it is less than 7 business days prior to the start date, please enroll yourself online for any make-up classes needed, a No Show status may appear on your transcript but no cancellation is required.
- If cancellation requirements are not met in accordance with the policies provided below, your department will be billed the entire course/academy fee or a $25.00 administrative fee. No substitutions are allowed.
No Show or Late Cancellation
- A $25 No Show or Late Cancellation Fee is billed for instructor-led County-mandated training courses. There is no fee for cancelling online self-paced training.
- The full course or academy cost is billed for No Show or Late Cancellation of Career & Personal Development courses and Academies.
- A $30 per course rebooking fee is charged for all requests to reschedule or make up missed training that must be processed by an Administrator, regardless of reason- no exceptions. This fee is in addition to the course cost and any No Show fees.
- If you miss Day 1 of a multi-day course, you must reschedule the entire course.
- Written authorization from your supervisor or manager is required prior to rescheduling or registering in a makeup class. The required form follows this policy. Your supervisor should complete, sign, and return it to corlearning@RIVCO.org.
- All makeup classes must be completed within the same fiscal year as the original enrollment. Courses made up in subsequent fiscal years will be billed at the full individual course fee.
Late Arrival Policy
- Students who arrive to class after the scheduled start time are considered late and may not receive credit for the course.
- Refunds will be issued for courses cancelled in accordance with the policies provided above. Please allow 30 days for processing.
- Refunds will not be made for requests received after the cancellation date.
- Refund requests should be submitted to corlearning@RIVCO.org. Please make sure that you have carefully read the COR Learning Terms and Conditions [PDF] Cancellation Policies prior to submitting a request.
Accepted Payment Methods
- Check/Money Order made payable to: COR Learning Center
- Cash on Delivery
Please contact us at corlearning@RIVCO.org or call us at 951-955-3255 to schedule an appointment to pay for a course.