Adobe Connect FAQ
How do I access my virtual class? Please click the following link for more details.
Adobe Connect Guidebook
RivCo Help -
Technical support for COR Learning Center is provided through the RivCo Help portal on the country Intranet. If you do not have access to the Intranet, please call the IT Help Desk at 951-955-9900* to open a request for any of the following issues:
*All RUHS employees should first contact the RUHS IT Help Desk.
Please email COR Learning staff at CORLearning@rivco.org for non-technical questions such as:
Hint: To the left User Guides & Tutorials/Videos with more details.
How to? Find the topic categories, select the question link, and it will direct you to the answer. Check out the matching question & answer icons for more information on each topic.
Log-in & Technical Questions
Mandated Training Questions
Products & Solutions Questions
Academy & Course Questions
Cancellation & Fee Questions
Behavioral Health Questions
Non-County ID Questions
Answer: County of Riverside employees would need to contact their Human Resources (HR) department to make updates to their profile. COR Learning receives all profile content from PeopleSoft; therefore, changes must be made in PeopleSoft by Human Resources. Note: If you are temporarily off work (for example, Sick Leave, a Leave of Absence, etc.), you may not have access to login to COR Learning. For any questions regarding this, please contact your HR department. If you are not a County Employee with an Employee ID, please contact CORLearning@rivco.org.
Answer: Once you've logged into the COR Learning Center, click on Training Schedule on the homepage My Learning Tile (DPSS employees contact DPSS LMS Support at SDD_LMS@rivco.org for questions about navigation.) Filter the Activities to view Ongoing Activities, Upcoming Activites, or those for which you have Expressed Interest or been placed on a Wait List.
1) A certification is a course that has a periodic update requirement.
2) ILT means Instructor-Led Training.
3) An ILT Course refers to the specific training course; an ILT Class refers to a particular date and time the Course is being offered.
4) Sessions are individual dates of a multi-day ILT Class.
5) An eCourse is conducted online, self-paced.
Answer: Once you've logged into the COR Learning:
1) Click Transcript on the homepage My Learning tile (DPSS employees contact DPSS LMS Support at SDD_LMS@rivco.org for questions about navigation).
2) Click Date Range (or Start/End Date) to select a year/date to filter training records (Select All to view entire training records).
3) You can select Export to PDF and File to view/print Training Transcript.
Answer: For questions & help with technical issues with an online course, please submit an ticket through the RivCo Help, which will ensure that your technical concern will receive the best possible support. Link to RivCo Help. If the issue appears to be unrelated to our systems, you will be referred to your department’s IT team for further assistance.
Answer: Microsoft Internet Explorer 11, Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox 56 & 57, Google Chrome 63, Apple Safari 9.1.3, 10.1.2, 10.0, 10.1, & 11.0 (Recommended).
Note: Webinar access instructions may be sent via email by the instructor or facilitator; please check your spam folder so important communication is not missed; if you receive an Outlook invitation for a course you have registered for, please accept it onto your calendar because it contains important details you will need for the day of the class.
On the day of your training, please make sure you can sign in to the webinar site at least 30 minutes before class begins; call us immediately at 951-955-3255 if you need assistance.
To avoid a “No Show,” you must notify us that you need assistance prior to the start of a live webinar. Each employee must be signed in individually and have a telephone available for audio to participate in and receive credit for a webinar; employees may not “share” a computer.
Answer: Your Training Transcript will show the most recent completion of courses you have attended. If you have taken a course more than once, you may click on the course title, then click on Attempt History to view prior completions. If you believe a class should be on your COR Learning transcript and it is not listed, please email us at CORLearning@rivco.org for further assistance.
Please see our Mandated Training page.
Answer: These reports include the status of all employees within your organization and their current compliance status with County Mandated Training. County Mandated Training is automatically assigned to employees based on County Policy or applicable law in relation to their employment status. Other training may be required based on their job or department, but that training will not be included in this report and must be assigned by individual’s manager. Employees receive automated reminder notifications about their required training. This report is simply to help departments gauge their compliance status for their own reporting purposes, or follow up with employees they feel may need extra motivation to complete their required training.
1) Requirement Status: This field shows the employee's current compliance status. This field tells you whether the individual is currently in compliance or needs to complete a training.
2) Satisfied: This means the employee has completed the training and satisfied the requirement. Nothing further is required of them at the moment.
3) Assigned: This training is required, and the employee has not yet completed the course. If the employee has not completed the training by the Due Date, this status will change to Overdue on the next report.
4) In-Progress: The employee has started but not finished the required training, they have until the due date to complete it before their status will change to Overdue.
5) Overdue: The employee has not completed the required training by the Due Date and should complete it as soon as possible.
6) Expired: The employee has previously completed the trainng but is due for re-certification. The emplyee needs to retake the course before the Due Date to remain in compliance. Please see our Mandated Training page for information on retraining requirements and timeframes.
7) Completion Date: This field indicates the last date the employee completed the training. The field will be blank if the employee has never completed the training.
8) Due Date/Expiration Date: This field will vary because some mandated training courses require periodic retraining while others need to be completed once. (See our Mandated Training Page for further details). Courses that are only required once will show a Due Date and indicate Satisfied if the employee has completed the training. Further action is only required for one-time courses if the Satisfied column is blank. Courses that require periodic retraining will display an Expiration Date. Once this date has elapsed, the employee must retake the course to remain in compliance. System reminder notifications will be generated to the employee 30 days before the expiration date and will continue until the employee has satisfied the retraining requirement.
9) firstname.lastname@example.org: If this is listed in the employee email field, the employee does not have a county email address in COR Learning Center and will not be able to receive system-generated training notifications. If you would like your employees to receive training notifications from COR Learnign Center, they need a vaild county email address and a profile in the county's active email directory. Please work with your department's IT Help Desk to obtain these credentials for your staff.
Answer: Mandated Training Reports are sent to department heads, executive secretaries and HR Business Partners on the 1st of every month. Department Heads can also request additional designees to receive these reports for their organization on the same monthly schedule or on a quarterly basis. Designee reports are sent separately. These reports are in excel format and can be sorted however seen fit. It is up to the recipients how they wish to utilize the report and if they wish to further disseminate information from these reports to their department.
If there is a change in your department leadership or you wish to change designees, please email email@example.com. Requests for designees should come from the department head. Please note: Designees will receive the same report which will show their entire organization; for example, DPSS designee report will show all DPSS employees, Human Resources will receive all of Human Resources. Currently reports cannot be customized to only include more granular departments.
Answer: Managers have access to view employees who report directly to them, as designated in PeopleSoft.
Once you've logged into COR Learning, select Dashboard:
1. Click the My Team Icon at the top of the screen.
2. Click Manager Dashboard. This will show the Exception Report, which has details about your Direct Reports and Activities.
3. Click on the Users or Activities to filter the information for more details.
Any changes in reporting of staff should be made through your Human Resources representative.
As a Manager/Supervisor, you may also enroll your direct reports staff in classes.
Check out our Manager Tutorial/Video Guide at Tutorial/Video Guide.
Full reports on your staff's, unit's or department's training activity may be obtained by contacting your HR Business Partner.
Management Harassment Prevention (MHP) training may take up to 24 hours (from time of completion) to show a Completed status on your Transcript. For questions & help with MHP, please submit an ticket through the Service Now Portal, which will ensure that your technical concern will receive the best possible support. Link to Service Now Portal.
Answer: We offer Organizational Development, Online Learning, Training & Events, Educational Support Program (ESP), Internship Program, Recruitment Programs, Career/Educational Coaching Services, College Relations and Community Events, Onboarding, COR Academies, Continuing Professional Education Programs, Academic Credit Programs, and Continuing Education Credits (CEUs). Check out our Products & Solutions web page by selecting the following link: Products & Solutions.
Answer: Skillsoft Online offers a comprehensive searchable learning platform which includes online courses, books, audio books, mobile content assets, job aids, test prep, video courses, IT/desktop videos, mentoring, leadership videos, case studies, and much more. You must be a County employee to login into Skillsoft Online and access this content. More information about earning academic credit towards a degree or professional certification program through Skillsoft select the following link: Degree & Professional Certifications.
Note: Skillsoft Online courses can take up to 24-48 hours to show a completed status on the LMS Training Transcript. For current Skillsoft Online training records, select Learning Transcript on the Skillsoft Online Home page. For questions & help with Skillsoft Online, please submit an ticket through the Service Now Portal, which will ensure that your technical concern will receive the best possible support. Link to Service Now Portal.
Answer: Retirement Workshops are an optional resource available to help you plan for the future. We can assist you with enrollment and logistical questions about workshops. If you have specific questions about your retirement savings plan, please contact the Benefits Department at firstname.lastname@example.org or 951-955-4981.
Answer: RIVCO HR Safety Division provides a combination of live and online courses (Drivers Training, CPR/AED, Repetitive Motion Injury, Employee Workplace Violence, Workplace Violence for Supervisors/Managers, etc.). RIVCO HR Learning & Organizational Development can assist you with enrollment and logistical questions about the courses. If you have specific questions about the Safety courses, please contact the Safety Division at 951-955-3520.
You will receive email confirmations for each of the Academy classes once registration for the cohort has closed.
Click the Academies Link for more details about our Academies.
Answer: Click the Academies Link for more information regarding Academies and Graduation requirements.
Answer: Some courses are only offered within an Academy. Courses available individually can be searched within the library in COR Learning under the Career and Personal Development category. Please sign in at Training Login to view the courses.
Waiting List: If there are no spaces available for a class you can opt to be placed on a Waiting Liat. The list only applies to the specific date you selected; it is not a general waiting list for all offerings of a particular course. You will receive a notification if a seat opens due to a cancellation. There is a 4-hour window to claim the open seat before the next individual on the Waiting List will be notified.
How to Cancel your Waiting List Registration: Navigate to your Training Schedule. Filter by Waiting List and locate the course name. Select the check box next to the class, then click Cancel Registration. Confirm the cancellation request on the following page. Please note: You will be unable to enrolll in a future date if you remain on the Waiting List for that same course. Once you cancel your Waiting List registration, you will be able to select a furture date to enroll.
Express Interest: Use this fethure when a course has no upcoming dates scheduled. Find the course in the library, click Register, then click Express Interest to be added to a general list to receive an email notification when new classes are scheduled. Please note: The Express Interest and Waiting List features are not available for COR Learning Academies.
Answer: “No Show” means there is no record of your attendance in class. “In-Progress” means that you did not fully complete all scheduled sessions of the course.
For in-person classes, it is essential that you sign the roster each day you are in class; this is the official record of your attendance. Please print and sign your full name legibly and provide your employee ID number if it is not pre-printed on the roster. For live virtual classes, the instructor must be able to see that you are signed in and you have answered any quiz questions included in the training. Please enter your full name when signing into the virtual classroom. Employees who work together will only receive credit if they are individually signed into the virtual classroom. Instructors are not always able to recall and verify your attendance if you forget to sign in properly.
Answer: To cancel your class registration, select Training Schedule (under Quick Links) on the Learner Dashboard. Then, select Current/Upcoming and locate the class that you would like to cancel. Next, select the checkmark box next to the class. Lastly, scroll up to the top of the screen and select Cancel Registration. You will be asked to confirm your cancellation by clicking Cancel Marked.
Answer: All stand-alone classes must be cancelled at least seven (7) business days in advance. Please be sure to read and understand the Terms & Conditions before registering. If these criteria have not been met, you will need to email CORLearning@rivco.org to request to cancel your enrollment.
NOTE: Academy enrollments must be cancelled by an L&OD Administrator. Please contact us for further assistance at CORLearning@rivco.org.
Answer: No, enrollments are not transferable. Please see more FAQs on making up a missed class.
Answer: If you miss a County Mandated/Required Training, log on to COR Learning and enroll in a future available date. Please review our Terms & Conditions for further details.
Answer: We can assist you with enrollment and completion status questions for Behavioral Health classes. Information regarding course content, prerequisites or CE credits can be obtained from the RUHS Behavioral Health team. For Workforce Education and Training (WET) classes, call 951-955-7107; for Prevention & Early Intervention (PEI) classes, please call 951-955-7155.
Answer: Click here for more information.
Yes, if affiliated with a County department and there is a need to complete mandated or department specific courses, you can apply for a Non-County ID through your sponsoring department. Once you have obtained a Non-County ID, you can register online for the courses. If a fee applies, payment must be made in advance.