SumTotal Learning Management System (LMS) References & Guides
Here you will find information to help you navigate our Learning Management System (LMS). Please click the following link for more details.
LMS References & Guides
Adobe Connect FAQ
How do I access my virtual class? Please click the following link for more details.
Adobe Connect Guidebook
RivCo Help -
Technical support for COR Learning Center is provided through the RivCo Help portal on the country Intranet. If you do not have access to the Intranet, please call the IT Help Desk at 951-955-9900* to open a request for any of the following issues:
*All RUHS employees should first contact the RUHS IT Help Desk.
Please email COR Learning staff at CORLearning@rivco.org for non-technical questions such as:
Please take our brief survey to help us improve your experience with Learning & Organizational Development (L&OD) website:
L&OD Website Survey
Hint: To the left User Guides & Tutorials/Videos with more details.
How to? Select the topic categories to find answers to your questions.
You will receive email confirmations for each of the Academy classes once registration for the cohort has closed.
Click the Academies Link for more details about our Academies.
Answer: Click the Academies Link for more information regarding Academies and Graduation requirements.
Answer: Some courses are only offered within an Academy. Courses available individually can be searched within the library in COR Learning under the Career and Personal Development category. Please sign in at Training Login to view the courses.
Waiting List: If there are no spaces available for a class you can opt to be placed on a Waiting List. The list only applies to the specific date you selected; it is not a general Waiting List for all offerings of a particular course. You will receive a notification if a seat opens due to a cancellation. There is a 4-hour window to claim the open seat before the next individual on the Waiting List will be notified.
How to Cancel your Waiting List Registration: Navigate to your Training Schedule. Filter by Waiting List and locate the course name. Select the check box next to the class, then click Cancel Registration. Confirm the cancellation request on the following page. Please note: You will be unable to enroll in a future date if you remain on the Waiting List for that same course. Once you cancel your Waiting List registration, you will be able to select a future date to enroll.
Express Interest: Use this feature when a course has no upcoming dates scheduled. Find the course in the Library, click Register, then click Express Interest to be added to a general list to receive an email notification when new classes are scheduled. Please note: The Express Interest and Waiting List features are not available for COR Learning Academies.
Answer: “No Show” means there is no record of your attendance in class. “In-Progress” means that you did not fully complete all scheduled sessions of the course.
For in-person classes, it is essential that you sign the roster each day you are in class; this is the official record of your attendance. Please print and sign your full name legibly and provide your employee ID number if it is not pre-printed on the roster. For live virtual classes, the instructor must be able to see that you are signed in and you have answered any quiz questions included in the training. Please enter your full name when signing into the virtual classroom. Employees who work together will only receive credit if they are individually signed into the virtual classroom. Instructors are not always able to recall and verify your attendance if you forget to sign in properly.
Answer: We can assist you with enrollment and completion status questions for Behavioral Health classes. Information regarding course content, prerequisites or CE credits can be obtained from the RUHS Behavioral Health team. For Workforce Education and Training (WET) classes, call 951-955-7107; for Prevention & Early Intervention (PEI) classes, please call 951-955-7155.
Answer: Click here for more information.
Answer: To cancel your class registration, select Training Schedule (under Quick Links) on the Learner Dashboard. Then, select Current/Upcoming and locate the class that you would like to cancel. Next, select the checkmark box next to the class. Lastly, scroll up to the top of the screen and select Cancel Registration. You will be asked to confirm your cancellation by clicking Cancel Marked.
Answer: All stand-alone classes must be cancelled at least seven (7) business days in advance. Please be sure to read and understand the Terms & Conditions before registering. If these criteria have not been met, you will need to email CORLearning@rivco.org to request to cancel your enrollment.
NOTE: Academy enrollments must be cancelled by an L&OD Administrator. Please contact us for further assistance at CORLearning@rivco.org.
Answer: No, enrollments are not transferable. Please see more FAQs on making up a missed class.
To determine department offerings of tuition & textbook reimbursement, loan repayment, and the 20-20 program, please visit our Participating Departments page (this page will appear in a new window). Note: unlisted departments are not currently participating.
Answer: You are eligible if you meet one of the following requirements:
1. Regular full-time County employees who have successfully completed their initial probationary period, or have been hired for a position designated by the Human Resources Director as difficult to recruit or retain.
2. Any TAP and Per Diem employee working full-time in a Certified Nursing Assistant or Nursing classification, in any County Department, who works a minimum of 520 hours in any fiscal year.
3. Part-time regular employees regularly scheduled to work less than 36 hours per week who otherwise are eligible, may receive a pro-rata level of benefits from this program.
Refer to the Educational Support Program Policies and Procedures for additional information on eligibility.
Please note that availability of certain programs differs by departments. Career counseling & assessment, academic advisement, and resume assistance are available to all eligible employees regardless of department. To view a list of programs offered by department, visit our Participating Departments page (this page will appear in a new window).
Reimbursement for training courses, seminars, workshops, and conferences which help employees better perform their current job is provided by departments and does not require an application to the Educational Support Program. However, requests are subject to department travel and training procedures.
Answer: The criteria below are utilized to assist with participant selection and are not in any particular order.
· County needs, including designated difficult-to-recruit or retain (DTR) classifications
· Career assessment results
· Date ESP application is received
· Likelihood of success
· Funding availability
· Employment status
· Other priorities as determined
Answer: The signature on the form is intended to verify that you have completed your initial probationary period and are in good standing, so typically a supervisor's signature is enough.
Note: Mental Health Department employees need to submit a letter of interest when submitting their application for signature.
Answer: Once you've logged into the COR Learning Center, click on Training Schedule on the homepage My Learning Tile (DPSS employees contact DPSS LMS Support at SDD_LMS@rivco.org for questions about navigation.) Filter the Activities to view Ongoing Activities, Upcoming Activities, or those for which you have Expressed Interest or been placed on a Wait List.
1) A certification is a course that has a periodic update requirement.
2) ILT means Instructor-Led Training.
3) An ILT Course refers to the specific training course; an ILT Class refers to a particular date and time the Course is being offered.
4) Sessions are individual dates of a multi-day ILT Class.
5) An eCourse is conducted online, self-paced.
Answer: For questions & help with technical issues with an online course, please submit an ticket through the RivCo Help, which will ensure that your technical concern will receive the best possible support. Link to RivCo Help. If the issue appears to be unrelated to our systems, you will be referred to your department’s IT team for further assistance.
Answer: Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox 56 & 57, Google Chrome 63, Apple Safari 9.1.3, 10.1.2, 10.0, 10.1, & 11.0 (Recommended).
Note: Webinar access instructions may be sent via email by the instructor or facilitator; please check your spam folder so important communication is not missed; if you receive an Outlook invitation for a course you have registered for, please accept it onto your calendar because it contains important details you will need for the day of the class.
On the day of your training, please make sure you can sign in to the webinar site at least 30 minutes before class begins; call us immediately at (951) 955-3256 if you need assistance.
To avoid a “No Show,” you must notify us that you need assistance prior to the start of a live webinar. Each employee must be signed in individually and have a telephone available for audio to participate in and receive credit for a webinar; employees may not “share” a computer.
Answer: Your Training Transcript will show the most recent completion of courses you have attended. If you have taken a course more than once, you may click on the course title, then click on Attempt History to view prior completions. If you believe a class should be on your COR Learning transcript and it is not listed, please email us at CORLearning@rivco.org for further assistance.
Answer: Managers have access to view employees who report directly to them, as designated in PeopleSoft.
Once you've logged into COR Learning, select Dashboard:
1. Click the My Team Icon at the top of the screen.
2. Click Manager Dashboard. This will show the Exception Report, which has details about your Direct Reports and Activities.
3. Click on the Users or Activities to filter the information for more details.
Any changes in reporting of staff should be made through your Human Resources representative.
As a Manager/Supervisor, you may also enroll your direct reports staff in classes.
Check out our Manager Tutorial/Video Guide at Tutorial/Video Guide.
Full reports on your staff's, unit's or department's training activity may be obtained by contacting your HR Business Partner.
Management Harassment Prevention (MHP) training may take up to 24 hours (from time of completion) to show a Completed status on your Transcript. For questions & help with MHP, please submit an ticket through the Service Now Portal, which will ensure that your technical concern will receive the best possible support. Link to Service Now Portal.
Please see our Mandated Training page.
Answer: Once you've logged into COR Learning Center click the bulleted list icon at the top right corner of your screen (DPSS employees contact DPSS LMS Support at SDD_LMS@rivco.org for questions about navigation). This will take you to your Training Timeline where you can view mandated courses you are due to complete.
Please Note: You may also receive email notifications regarding your mandated training (i.e. courses that are assigned to you, courses you are registered to take, completed courses, cancelled courses, etc.). Email notifications continue until the mandated training course is completed. If you are registered in a class or are waiting on availability for a class, you will still receive email notifications.
Answer: These reports include the status of all employees within your organization and their current compliance status with County Mandated Training. County Mandated Training is automatically assigned to employees based on County Policy or applicable law in relation to their employment status. Other training may be required based on their job or department, but that training will not be included in this report and must be assigned by individual’s manager. Employees receive automated reminder notifications about their required training. This report is simply to help departments gauge their compliance status for their own reporting purposes, or follow up with employees they feel may need extra motivation to complete their required training.
1) Requirement Status: This field shows the employee's current compliance status. This field tells you whether the individual is currently in compliance or needs to complete a training.
2) Satisfied: This means the employee has completed the training and satisfied the requirement. Nothing further is required of them at the moment.
3) Assigned: This training is required, and the employee has not yet completed the course. If the employee has not completed the training by the Due Date, this status will change to Overdue on the next report.
4) In-Progress: The employee has started but not finished the required training, they have until the due date to complete it before their status will change to Overdue.
5) Overdue: The employee has not completed the required training by the Due Date and should complete it as soon as possible.
6) Expired: The employee has previously completed the training but is due for re-certification. The employee needs to retake the course before the Due Date to remain in compliance. Please see our Mandated Training page for information on retraining requirements and timeframes.
7) Completion Date: This field indicates the last date the employee completed the training. The field will be blank if the employee has never completed the training.
8) Due Date/Expiration Date: This field will vary because some mandated training courses require periodic retraining while others need to be completed once. (See our Mandated Training page for further details). Courses that are only required once will show a Due Date and indicate Satisfied if the employee has completed the training. Further action is only required for one-time courses if the Satisfied column is blank. Courses that require periodic retraining will display an Expiration Date. Once this date has elapsed, the employee must retake the course to remain in compliance. System reminder notifications will be generated to the employee 30 days before the expiration date and will continue until the employee has satisfied the retraining requirement.
9) email@example.com: If this is listed in the employee email field, the employee does not have a county email address in COR Learning Center and will not be able to receive system-generated training notifications. If you would like your employees to receive training notifications from COR Learning Center, they need a valid county email address and a profile in the county's active email directory. Please work with your department's IT Help Desk to obtain these credentials for your staff.
Answer: Please review the following on the process to register for a training.
1) Starting Location: Login to Landing Page
2) Locate Search
3) Type training name & select Enter or Search icon
4) Select 3 Dots next to training
5) Select Register
6) Select Add
7) Select Register (to enroll in the training)
8) Select Start to begin the training
Answer: Mandated Training Reports are sent to department heads, executive secretaries and HR Business Partners on the 1st of every month. Department Heads can also request additional designees to receive these reports for their organization on the same monthly schedule or on a quarterly basis. Designee reports are sent separately. These reports are in excel format and can be sorted however seen fit. It is up to the recipients how they wish to utilize the report and if they wish to further disseminate information from these reports to their department.
If there is a change in your department leadership or you wish to change designees, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Requests for designees should come from the department head. Please note: Designees will receive the same report which will show their entire organization; for example, DPSS designee report will show all DPSS employees, Human Resources will receive all of Human Resources. Currently reports cannot be customized to only include more granular departments.
Answer: Retirement Workshops are an optional resource available to help you plan for the future. We can assist you with enrollment and logistical questions about workshops. If you have specific questions about your retirement savings plan, please contact the Benefits Department at email@example.com or 951-955-4981.
Answer: RIVCO HR Safety Division provides a combination of live and online courses (Drivers Training, CPR/AED, Repetitive Motion Injury, Employee Workplace Violence, Workplace Violence for Supervisors/Managers, etc.). RIVCO HR Learning & Organizational Development can assist you with enrollment and logistical questions about the courses. If you have specific questions about the Safety courses, please contact the Safety Division at 951-955-3520.
Yes, if affiliated with a County department and there is a need to complete mandated or department specific courses, you can apply for a Non-County ID through your sponsoring department. Once you have obtained a Non-County ID, you can register online for the courses. If a fee applies, payment must be made in advance.
Answer: Possession of a boarding pass means you are cleared to participate in the program. A boarding pass lists what area(s) you are cleared to travel for, for how long, and for how many hours per week.
Boarding passes are issued by your manager. If you want to participate in the program, and travel over to get some recruiting experience, for example, schedule some time with your manager to convey your interest in obtaining a boarding pass.
You do need a boarding pass prior to applying to a travel alert. Prior to submitting your interest for a travel alert, the system will ask you to upload your boarding pass so that the L&OD team may verify.
Answer: We offer Organizational Development, Online Learning, Training & Events, Educational Support Program (ESP), Internship Program, Recruitment Programs, Career/Educational Coaching Services, College Relations and Community Events, Onboarding, COR Academies, Continuing Professional Education Programs, Academic Credit Programs, and Continuing Education Credits (CEUs). Check out our Products & Services web page by selecting the following link: Products & Services.
Answer: Skillsoft Online offers a comprehensive searchable learning platform which includes online courses, books, audio books, mobile content assets, job aids, test prep, video courses, IT/desktop videos, mentoring, leadership videos, case studies, and much more. You must be a County employee to login into Skillsoft Online and access this content. More information about earning academic credit towards a degree or professional certification program through Skillsoft select the following link: Degree & Professional Certifications.
Note: For technical support with Skillsoft Online, please submit a ticket through the Service Now Portal. Link to Service Now Portal.