Recruitment and Selection
The following procedures are to be used by departments for the recruitment and selection of Interns. Departments may participate in outreach events and/or refer a particular candidate(s) to the Educational Support Program for verification that they meet the internship qualifications, or they may request that the Educational Support Program advertise, recruit, and provide initial screening for all applicants.
A. Departments Referring a Particular Candidate(s):
1. If the department has already identified the candidate(s) they would like to hire, they are responsible for submitting a requisition into the new Online Hiring Center (OHC) through NeoGov. A limited number of representatives have been assigned to submit requisitions for each department. Department staff who are unable to submit a requisition and are unsure of he assigned representative can contact their HR Business Partner for further information.
2. Once a requisition has been created and ESP has received notification, a ESP team member will contact the candidate(s) for further application instructions and request any required documentation (i.e., resume, unofficial transcripts, enrollment verification, diploma, etc.) to verify eligibility.
3. Once the application has been submitted, documents have been received, and eligibility has been established, ESP will contact the candidate(s) to begin the on-boarding procedures (described below).
B. Departments Requesting an Internship Recruitment:
1. To request an intern recruitment, please submit a requisition into the new Online Hiring Center (OHC) through NeoGov. A limited number of representatives have been assigned to submit requisitions for each department. Department staff who is unable to submit a requisition and are unsure of the assigned representative can contact their HR Business Partner for further information.
2. Once a requisition has been created and ESP has received notification, ESP will review the requisition and conduct an intern position evaluation with the department for additional information.
3. ESP will market the position utilizing advertising methods, including college electronic job boards and the County of Riverside Human Resources job announcement webpages. In addition, an email marketing campaign will be distributed to ESP’s established university program contacts. Postings are generally open for two weeks to allow students time to apply.
4. Once the posting has closed, ESP will review the resumes and identify top candidates depending on how many students the department would like to interview. The resume review process can take 3-5 business days.
5. A referral list with the most qualified candidates will then be created and submitted through NeoGov and available for viewing by the Hiring Manager(s) indicated in the requisition. At this time the hiring department can schedule interviews and make a selection through NeoGov. If requested by the hiring department, ESP will interview the candidates and make a selection.
6. Once the selection(s) have been made, ESP will contact the selected candidate(s) to begin the onboarding procedures (described below).